Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon pixma MP630 printer and an error B200 has

I have a canon pixma MP630 printer and an error B200 has appeared on the screen. I have flashing green and orange lights. Two of the inks were out so I replaced them. What can I do to correct the problem? I have already tried powering off the printer to no effect.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have done as you asked and the fault is still there. Both lights still flashing with the B200 error still showing with the printer inoperable.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Turn off the printer
Open the cover
Turn on the printer
Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Leave the Printer turned on.

Tell me if this clears it please Bill.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It almost worked. Got life back in the printer, it went through to the stage where it is ready to print. I tried to print with it but it then went back to the B200 error. Tried this several times but always with the same result.
Unfortunately I now heading to the airport for a flight to Holland and won't be back till Tuesday. Can we resume this process then. Regards, Bill
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Bill, we do know the problem now though

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.