michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Canon PIXMA MG7150 printer with a B200 fault code.

I have a Canon PIXMA MG7150 printer with a B200 fault code. Is there anything simple I can do to repair before I send it off to Canon. Tried powering down/up and reinstalling ink cartridges to no avail?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

The b200 error code is a service error indicating a fault with the printhead/ mainboard of the unit

in such a case the unit needs to serviced for parts replacement

you may try the below reset sequence

remove ink and turn off unit

unplug power cord

keep the ON button pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 mins

plug in power cord

turn on unit and check

if still error repeats, you may leave the unit powered off for few hours and then check

if still the error repeats then the unit will need to be serviced and in this case you may get it serviced through a canon authorised service center

let me know if you have any questions

i hope you understand that in case of a hardware fault i can only diagnose the faulty part and suggest reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service and effort.Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your reset suggestion didn't help it.
I've already left the printer unplugged overnight to no avail.
Boxing it and sending it off to Canon may not be cost effective compared to buying a new one.
Thanks anyway.

yes opting in for a new printer would be a better option

as you posted your question "Is there anything simple I can do to repair before I send it off to Canon" that is why to your question i answered a repair option but buying a new one would obviously be best

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service and effort by clicking on stars on top of page .Thank you