Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon MP610 - a piece of A4 paper jammed during

Customer Question

Hi there I have a Canon MP610 - a piece of A4 paper jammed during printing and now every sheet is jamming. I had to move the ink cartridges along manually to remove one of the jams and I think it is now displaced. Is there any way of resetting the ink cartridge tray or any other suggestions? Many thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret hearing that your printer has developed a problem. It may be curable by simple means and a few operations, as follows:

- unplug the printer from the power, while it is On.

- leave it that way, closed up but unplugged from power, for at least 15 minutes.

- this will allow it to cool off, and allow the circuitry to reset.

After that, the problem with jamming might be owing to several things, but the most likely is a displacement of cams (which would require a service call in all likelihood, and some expense in money if your printer is not within the warranty period, which for Canon products is basically one year from purchase date...), or perhaps a smudging of the paper feed rollers, or displacement of them also perhaps.

Examine the paper feed rollers, especially the paper pickup rollers, which are just beyond the end of the paper stack, as the paper stack is positioned when it is within the printer. Make sure no roller is out of position relative to another.

Would you like to try cleaning the rollers also? this could help.

Let me know how it goes, and whether you'd like instructions for cleaning rollers. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response I didn't think this question had been submitted as paypal wasn't working. I fixed the problem by resetting the rollers and ink cartridge.

Good to hear that the problem has been solved.

If my answer provided any help with the eventual solution (it might have), please rate my answer. Thanks!