Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon Pixma MG5350 printer. Why do all the darker

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MG5350 printer. Why do all the darker areas on a gloss print come out in blue-grey tones?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 11 months ago.

Hi Carl. Welcome to justanswer.

Try setting the quality of the photo prints to a higher level and check the print outs. Reply for further assistance

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried both high quality and standard print quality and it makes no difference. Could it be the paper setting? I am using 150gsm photo gloss inkjet paper and I select 'Photo gloss paper' in the paper options. I don't seem to have the same problem with ordinary inkjet paper, but that is not sufficient quality for this exhibition folder.

Have you tried changing the gloss paper?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have just tried a thicker, higher quality paper with the same result. All the dark areas are shadowed in grey-blue tones, almost like a night-time image taken in infra-red.

And the normal prints are perfectly fine?

Have you performed the nozzle check and deep cleaning?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done those checks -- when printing on plain paper, there is no grey-blue shadowing, but the dark areas are very dark with no detail.

When did this issue first occurred?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only recently, as far as I can remember -- I have been away for 6 weeks and have been trying to print some photos of Italy.

This is probably due to the ink cartridges. Do you have extra cartridges?