Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon powershotSX620

Customer Question

Canon powershotSX620
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What seems to be the problem with the PowerShot SX-series digital camera, that you are asking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just bough canon power shot in Dubai where wifi worked and wocnnected to,my iPad straightaway. Now in Mauritius and can't get it to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you just let me know what to do.. have tried again and again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get my question through.are you still there?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm here... just a moment...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure I'm qualified to help you with this sort of problem (since it involves an Apple iPad.)

But I can give you some free advice in general: whatever you are doing over and over, stop, think about it, and try some slightly different approach. Because, if it isn't working now, something is wrong about the situation (even if only, that the camera's WiFi no longer works... come to think of it, I also advise you to check the settings on your iPad, to make sure the WiFi on it is still On or Enabled.)

I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts in this category, with my apologies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. when will the response come through as I am waiting to go out and need to know when to expect it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A reply please! Many thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue to search.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the battery from the camera please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in turn it on.

Then on the iPad go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings

Once done, then try to connect it to the camera

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and it has made no difference whatsoever. Still gets to "start dedicated app on target device" and says connecting and never gets any further, any other suggestions?
Am gutted as in Mauritius wanting to send pics and can't do so.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, on the iPad choose reset settings instead

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No done that! Reset all network settings, have also tried to connect the camera to my phone and it won't recognise any device. It worked first time in Dubai and now I am in Mauritius it won't connect to the network. Is there a problem with non password *****?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, I want you to choose Reset all settings not network settings now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can't be that as the camera has not managed to connect to my phone which it hasn't been before.. in other words, it doesn't need to be reset. I simply can't reset all settings. It's the camera not the iPad!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tri d with two different iPads and two different iPhones.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it was not listed that it had the issue with multiple devices, if so then you will need to do a reset of the camera

To do this

Turn on your PowerShot and press the "Menu" button to open the menu in the viewfinder window.

Press the directional arrows on the Func.Set button to select the "Tools" tab, which is represented by a wrench and hammer icon. The Tools menu appears in the viewfinder window.

Scroll to "Reset All" using the directional arrows on the Func.Set button.

Press the "Func.Set" button to select Reset All. A "Reset Settings to Default?" message appears. Highlight "OK" using the directional buttons and then press "Func.Set" to select it and restore your camera's factory settings.

Then tell me if it connects