Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have MG3250 Canon Printer. This a.m. is flashing Error

Customer Question

I have MG3250 Canon Printer. This a.m. is flashing Error Codes 7 and P - the two cartridges have been fully used i think but is this the cause of wqhy machine is not otherwise working!! Thank you!!***@******.***
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Canon Model MG3250 Printer but other than also Orange Triangle Light is also flashing!! Regards,*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That error code (P 0 7 or P 7) means that the waste ink absorber pads inside the printer are full. The printer will stop, to avoid ink spillage onto tabletop or floor - which can produce a very indelible stain! - until either the error is reset, and/or the ink absorber pads are replaced AND the error is reset. (Which last is the proper procedure to follow, for sure.)

Replacement of ink absorber pads is a fairly arduous task, requiring the printer be quite thoroughly disassembled enough to get at them, remove the old, and put in the new absorber pads. Some prefer to just replace the printer, others choose to undertake this themselves, and some prefer to hire out the service of replacing the absorber pads.

Which of these choices would you prefer? I will instruct you in whatever of those three choices needs instructions.