Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a \canon Pixma mg3500 printer. I have changed the

Customer Question

I have a \canon Pixma mg3500 printer. I have changed the black cart and the error code E 1.6 (Cart empty) code is still there, I have done Deep clean, Head aleignment etc. What do I do next?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Perhaps I was a little hasty in my comments. I have done as you suggested - The E code comes back with the code 1.6You should know that this Canon Pixma printer is the MG3250 model
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right, I have had a good go at cleaning the point immediately below the cartridge (the pad/matrix) and it all seems fairly clear. I did this 4 times and then turned the printer back on but the error code remains E 1.6. I have also cleaned inside of the printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you replace the Black cartridge with the old one and tell me if it clears the error please as this will tell us if it is a faulty carriage.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have replaced the new cart with the old and I have a new error code E 1.3
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help, at least I now know what the problem is. Your help has been prompt and useful, which is what it should be.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the kind words.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know
And please remember to rate my service via the stars at the top then submit so I am credited and paaid for the assistance

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Was there aything else required?

I noticed you did not perform the rating which means I am not compensated for the work done, and I understood you were happy with it.

If you need nothing else from me it is appreciated please if you can perform the service rating