Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Mg 4250 printer- refuses to print,tells me to check power

mg 4250 printer- refuses to print,tells me to check power supply- printer is fully connected,still wont print .
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That's interesting. That is a very uncommon error message.

If you see such an error message, then it should be taken seriously. Either the power supply is providing the wrong voltage to the printer (and the printer cannot operate on wrong voltage) or the internal voltage sensing of the printer is wrong, or the printer has a short or other problem in it.

Testing the power supply (or AC Adapter) with a simple voltmeter test, would be right, as a first step. See if its ratings for DC Voltage Out are right, compared to the DC Volts listed on its manufacturer's label.

If the AC Adapter or power supply is supplying the right voltage, according to a voltmeter test, then the printer has an internal problem and will need servicing.

Let me know how it goes, and I will help and advise you further as appropriate.

I'm sorry to note that you gave a negative, Bad Service, rating for my initial attempt to answer your question. Please tell me how I can make up for apparent shortcomings in the first answer I offered, or how I may give further information and help to justify your question having been asked here. Let me know by Reply To Expert, please.