Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Ixus 970 IS and I have recently bought a

I have a Canon Ixus 970 IS and I have recently bought a SanDisk Ultra 80 MB/s 64 GB memory card. But when I put it into the camera I get the message: Memory card error.Is this memory card incompatable with the camera or is there something I can do to get rid of the error?Many thanksSherri
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there Sherri and welcome

The problem is the size of the card, the maximum it can handle is 32GB, this is why you have the problem, if you put a 32GB into it it will be ok

For future reference, here are all card sizes you can use

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8201896100.html

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.