Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Fuji finepix S2 pro every this works as it should, Picture

Fuji finepix S2 pro every this works as it should, Picture taken is shown correct at edges of frame but has a white rectangle with rounded corners, in the centre.
Not the lens as this happens without lens, not the memory cord as can be seen without the card in slot. happens with camera body cap inserted, perfect whit rectangle in the middle of a black frame. Has any one seen this before ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

With the camera powered on, can you hold the BKT and +/- buttons for 3 seconds then release.

Once done, tell me please how it then performs

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried the re-set but no change. all functions work ok except that the image has a perfect white oblong in the centre of the frame.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Is this just on the screen? Or when you transfer the photo to the computer you also see it on the picture there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The faulty image is shown on the camera screen before recording to memory card and can also be transferred to computer.
its available in pre-view before recording, I can only conclude it something to do with the sensor/sensor electronics as the outside of the image is the scene photographed but something is blotting the centre.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the imaging chip in the camera that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** asked Fuji about this they told me that the sensor chip is no longer manufactured nor are many of the other chips. unfortunately I cannot find any information as to wether the S3 or S5 sensor's are the same. Fuji are not interested in passing on any information.
many thanks for your help.