Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My canon fs200 camcorder keeps saying” you may be unable to

Customer Question

My canon fs200 camcorder keeps saying” you may be unable to shoot movies on this card” I
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Canonlegria fs 200. Maybe two years old....I was given it with a 4 g card which works ok but want use a Sandisc 16.
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I got it....what trouble shooting? I am 78 so not very techie I have initialised it...,to no avail??
Assistant: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you using a SD card or a SDHC card (the 16GB one) in the camera?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sdhc. I have now been told by the supplier that I can only use a 2G card and they are sorry to have advertised it that I could. So I think my problem is solved. Although the 4 G one works ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

actually they are wrong, the SD card is max 2GB and the SDHC is 32GB

You can see this here

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/support-flash-memory-camcorders/fs200

You may have a faulty card, have you tried a different card?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried three cards..I am now told it has to be a sdhc. “2” card... nobody even Canon can’t give me an answer so I won’t proceed any further...thanks...John
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, though I did not have any opportunity with you John to solve this as you ended it before we begun.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Richard. It seems evenCanon doesn’t know it’s own equipment! So many models now in all electrical equipment. All doing roughly the same thing. Just seem to make a new model for the sake of it, Why not just have a one type of card across the board? Never mind. Sorry I wasted your time......John
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is ok John, but if you wish to continue here let me know else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.