Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon selphy cp710 which was going well until I

I have a canon selphy cp710 which was going well until I changed the ink cartridge and it is still saying no ink! No one in Jersey seems to know the answer. Can you help.
Pat de Gruchy ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It goes through all the motions, but then shows a cartridge with an exclamation mark.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please answer my concerns via email.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cleaned and wound the cartridge on a bit, but still saying no ink. What colour should be showing on the cartridge?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

The color of the actual ink

Can you put a different ink cartridge in and telll me if that works please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have another cartridge, this is the second one already.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, so it did this with the previous cartridge as well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.