Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My SX 280 HS has just stopped working. Battery is charged

My SX 280 HS has just stopped working. Battery is charged but no sign of life.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome
Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.
Tell me please if it now starts

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done all that but still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you try a different battery please in the event the battery you have is faulting and doing an instant discharge?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've tried two different batteries which appear to be fully charged and it doesn't make any difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the mainboard in the camera that has faulted, it will be the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Very disappointing that the mainboard should have failed, but not your fault obviously. I've now had the chance to get a quote to repair and the cost makes it not worth doing to be honest.