Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon MB5050 error code B504, yes I'm using generic ink

Customer Question

Canon MB5050 error code B504, yes I'm using generic ink cartridges.
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2yrs
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not printing since I changed Magenta cartridge 10 days ago.
Assistant: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes carried out trouble shooting as recommended by Nathan Mills a year ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had this suggestion from Canon, tried it, still doesn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, sorry about that.

Can you tell me everything you have done already.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Switched off, unplugged, switched back on.
Also
Switched on, unplugged power cord from machine, opened up printer, moved cartridge carrier and removed and reinstalled magenta cartridge. Restarted and still no print.
When the printer is tasked to print it cycles constantly as if trying to pull paper through to print (however when switched on it pulls through two sheets, the cartridge carrier remains at the right hand side, it does not move)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Is that remove all ink cartridges?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Is that remove all ink cartridges?No, that didn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You were able to fully clean it?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

How is the printer connecting to the computer? Via wireless or a USB cable?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Yes
Wireless
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Yes
Wireless
Windows RT 8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Go to start, control panel, search for devices and click on devices and printers.

Then right click the printer and select remove

Then click add printer, click on it to install it again

Then try to print to it please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also
Yes
Wireless
Windows RT 8.1
Hang on for a minute or 20, forgotten how to re install
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You do it via the Add printer button