Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon Pixma mx375 printer. the printer seems to

Customer Question

I have a canon Pixma mx375 printer. the printer seems to work ok, but the scanner/copier will not function. Is there a fault with the printer/ scanner?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it refuses to respond to the icon on the desktop and will not scan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

If you try to make a copy on the actual printer itself, what then happens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can only use the printer, but scanning and copying won't work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Yes I saw, but can you tell me please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't get any response form the machine
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the machine is still not responding. when I click on the screen icon, nothing happens, I installed the disk in the computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the internal scan unit that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the printer is too old to have a warranty still, but can I take it somewhere to have it repaired or do I buy a new one?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

If the warranty has expired, I would not pay for a replacement, it would cost more then the value of the printer, and I would advise you purchase a replacement printer I(considering the costs of printers currently and the limited warranty you receive on a repair)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help. is the £15.00 still payable?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

yes it has been paid it is for the service I provided you, this is my livliehood.