Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

I have beeb trying for several days to set up my new Canon

I have beeb trying for several days to set up my new Canon Pixma MX725 printer with my Apple iMac. I follow the instructions and always end up with Installation Failure-Scan Gear could not be installed.The iMac seems to have recognised the printer but the printer always sends out blank pages. There is supposed be a manual but I cannot find it. Some advice would be appreciated.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** would be my pleasure to help with your issue
First, here is a copy of the manual for your reference.
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx725.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=
Copy and paste that link to your browser and select manuals and you can download a off copy of the manual.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry that I cannot find the answer to my problem in the manual. My previous printer was an Epson Pro Excel Plus, circa 1997! It was very simple to connect to my old Powermac 7300 of similar vintage. The iMac is brand new as well as my printer so I am a bit out of my depth. As I am trying to connect the printer by wireless I was thinking of trying a USB connection instead. Would that help?
I would recommend setting it up via usb first to make sure everything is working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the reply. Can I cancel the phone please as I don't have a USB cable. I will have to acquire one tomorrow. I will be in touch.
Your IMac should recognize the printer as a new device when it's connected. When you connect it, install the disk that came with your printer and follow the prompts.
The phone call request will expire on its own. I'll be here to help when you are ready. Thanks