Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon Ixus 285. Delighted with it and with a set of

I have a Canon Ixus 285. Delighted with it and with a set of photos still on the Memory card.However I would like to have these printed without the date stamp which is currently showing. Can this be removed after the photo is captured?

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.
Removing a date stamp is not easy to do. It may require elaborate and specialized photographic manipulation software e.g. Adobe Photoshop.

But were the date stamps applied inside the camera? if so, there may be a way to solve that problem.

The official position of Canon is that 'date stamps cannot be removed'.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Russell,
Yes the date stamp was set to on in the menu settings. It's belatedly set to off now. The photos in question are still on the camera's memory card.
Best regards,
Fred Harding

Do you have Photoshop, or similar Adobe image manipulation software?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have photoshop elements.

The 'Content Aware' fill, in Photoshop, can help with date stamps and removing them. Note: work on a copy, not on the original on your camera's memory card... in case your use of Photoshop makes some mistake, you can go back to the original.

Or, you can try the Inpaint restorer tool, available here:

https://www.theinpaint.com/inpaint-how-to-remove-date-stamp-from-photo.html

That may help!

Let me know, or rate my answer, please, if the above answers your question. Thank you! and have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks Russell,
I didn't think there would be a simple fix to this. I will try the restorer tool you have helpfully provided.
Fred Harding

Indeed, Mr. Harding, it is not a simple nor easy issue. Sort of blurring out the date stamp, if it is already in the pictures, is the best one can do - the pixels that the date stamp occupied and wrote over, are indeed gone. I hope that the advice I provided does indeed help with most, if it cannot help with all, the date stamps in all the pictures.

(Please rate my answer, if you'd like to close this case, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer page, here, for your reference:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/digital-cameras/ax3t4-canon-ixus-285-delighted-set.html )