I am sorry to hear you are having this problem with Eddy. Is the bone lodged in his stomach or his intestines? Is he poorly with it?
Have your vets taken a Xray?
The vet said intestines but haven't taken an X-ray yet but told me if he hasn't improved by tomorrow 9.10am (his appointment) then he needs surgery but I can't afford, only just scraped together £40.18 for 1 days of lactulose
I am afraid that if he has something lodged in his intestines (which sometimes you can tell by feel although should be confirmed on an xray), then unfortunately surgery is the only answer. Very very occasionally, if the piece of bone has moved far enough through to get to the colon, you can get it out with the lactulose, but this is really rare. I realise that this is probably not what you want to hear right now, but if the obstruction is not moved quickly, the intestines can start to die and can perforate causing peritonitis and ultimately death. I have to say it sounds like if he is not better in the morning you are going to need to make the decision to either go for surgery or seriously consider euthanasia. The only constructive thing I can suggest right now is to look into whether charities other than the PDSA may be able to help you - just occasionally we can persuade the local RSPCA or other local animal charities to contribute to the cost. If they won't cover the whole cost you might be able to work out some kind of payment plan with your vet.
This must be a very worrying time for you and my heart does go out to you for being in this situation
What other charities are out there that might be able to help?
I am a little out of your area, so I can't help much beyond the national ones - RSPCA and Dogs Trust. Both of these do seem to have funds set aside to help people in financial difficulty, it is just a case of finding the right person to speak to. However, I have 3 or 4 local charities who will do the same thing for me, so hopefully your vet will have the same kind of local resources. Have a chat with them in the morning and see what they say. None of us like to have to put an animal to sleep in this situation and we will usually try really on hard on your behalf to see if we can help.
not helpful at all. just confirmed that he will need to be put down. Thanks
I'm sorry you don't find it helpful, but just occasionally there is nothing additional we can do.