DR.J
DR.J, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

hello.. my 6month old Chihuahua has been poorly since yesterday,

Customer Question

hello..
my 6month old Chihuahua has been poorly since yesterday, took him to my vet yesterday and as im on a low income it cost me a small fortune to have him xrayed and treated.. I come away with laxatives to give him to see if this would help the blockage which it still has not.. Im worried sick as my vet has informed me if he had not managed to go to the toilet by today he will need operating on at a cost I really cannot afford and they need at least half the payment up front.. im at a loss of what to do and need advice asap.. thank you Nicola
Category: Dog
Expert:  DR.J replied 4 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

Could you please tell me what did you vet find on the xray and what is the course of treatment which have now started?

JACUSTOMER-gcijsumo- :

hello,

JACUSTOMER-gcijsumo- :

The vet also saw a semi circular object not too big,with what looked like dry faesis around it.. Rolo has just passed a clump of human hair whichwill probably answer the dryness but not found anything hard as of yet.. Rolo had a anti sickness injection a xray and a course of laxatives which ive given him hrough the night

DR.J :

how is he doing now after you gave the laxative ?

DR.J :

How did his last fecal passing look like