Steve O.
Steve O., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 20 years of canine clinical and surgical experience
31531426

what do we feed our rottweiller, she has had an upset stomach

Customer Question

what do we feed our rottweiller, she has had an upset stomach for several weeks is on medrazranonal but the boiled chicken & potatoes is not working anymore
Category: Dog
Expert:  Steve O. replied 4 years ago.

Steve O. :

Hi, I'm Dr Steve.

Steve O. :

It sounds like you are treating your dog for a sensiive stomach or inflammatory bowel disease with the medicine you listed. Typically boiled chicken and potatoes are easily digested and usually help with this type of problem. However some dogs can have digestive issues with this diet. I have had clients feed boiled hamburger ( rinsed after cooking to remove fat) and rice to give another easily digested food for this type of problem.

Steve O. :

There are also commercial foods in canned and dry forms that are designed for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Hill's "Sensitive Stomach" is one and Hill's i/d ( intestinal diet) is another. These are usually availabel at a vet or possibly a pet store.

Steve O. :

I hope this has helped. If it has would you please click the submit button so i may receive credit for my answer. I will check this evening to see if you have more questions. THanks for using justanswer and good luck.

JACUSTOMER-3qmjjq7i- :

ok, is it any small morsels of meat?? what about liver, I read on the Internet about a woman who gives her dog liver as its full of nutrients?? thank you

Steve O. :

The commercial sensitive foods are more of a regul;ar bite size. Of course the can form is soft. Liver is high in iron and some other nutrients but it is hard to digest and can be irritating to a sensitive stomach. I would try the hamburger and rice or the commercial foods I have mentioned. Thanks again. I will check tomorrow morning. good luck.