Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

Hiya My American Bulldog was in the garden last night and all

Customer Question

Hiya My American Bulldog was in the garden last night and all was ok I don't know what happened but he came into the house limping and since then it has got worse he wont stand on his back left leg I have to carry him up and down the stairs to goto the toilet when he does stand on the leg his paw is curled under. I can see in his face he is in pain but vets don't open till Monday and I don't have a lot of money for a vet call out fee, I feel so guilty but want to relieve his pain please help
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 4 years ago.

Hello Norrie, I'm Dr. Deb and I'll do my best to help you today. I'm sorry that your question hasn't been answered but I recently came online and see that you've had to wait for a response. Considering the nature of your question, I'm very sorry about that.

It would be acceptable to give Blue Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) although it can kill cats so you have to be very careful that they dont have access to this drug. It's not routinely used by many vets, but it can be given.
If you tell me how much he weighs and the milligram size of the tablets you have, I can tell you the correct dose. It would be a good choice for the problem he's currently having until you can have him seen.

I'm sometimes hesitant to advise it's use since it might interfere with what your vet will prescribe, but one or two doses should be fine.

Deb