Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my border collie has starting nipping peoples shoes and or

Customer Question

my border collie has starting nipping peoples shoes and or ankles when they leave this has only been since my husband died 7 months ago i am worried this will escalate
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I am sure the anxiety in your household as well as the loss has started Bodie doing this odd behavior. To change this behavior, you will have to work on Bodie so that she knows this is not acceptable behavior. Do this by taking her back to an obedience school so that she is more responsive to you so that when you tell her no, she will respond. Have your friends bait her so you can discipline her in a controlled environment....if you are persistent and consistent with this discipline, Bodie will stop this behavior.

Purchase a DAP Collar at the pet store which is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help Bodie past this anxiety.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta