Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

HI Loretta, Many thanks for the information and sugestion,

Customer Question

HI Loretta,
Many thanks for the information and sugestion, i will go to the vet get all the products you have recomended Chaco is now worse then a sleepless night for as both in the middle of the night he was shaking and in deep pain , i tryed to cool him and washt him with the vet shampoo, he didnt sleep no hair on his paws anymore the Belly is firered and looks like raw meet even if i get the elisbethen colar for him wats about scratching with feet wat can i put on him there, i have tryed severel boots tey were useless lost him all the time boot the smallest size also didnt help
what can you recoment please many thanks simone i am hading of now to see the vet but thy also dont now how to help chaco.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.
Good morning...I am so sorry to hear that Chaco is still not doing well

My worry for Chaco is that he may have other medical issues taht are causing this. I say this because a Hypothyroid condition or Cushings Disease can also cause these serious itching problems.

Have your vet run tests to check for these conditons since, if Chaco is suffering from one of these metabolic problems, treatment for this is essential for Chaco's cure.

There is also a disease called Atopy that causes this itching and self mutilation and will require stronger meidcations to help Chaco past this. Also, there are autoimmune diseases that can cause this and thsi will require a biopsy of the skin to know for sure.

My best recommendation is to have your vet examine Chaco and run these tests...this may be the key to Chaco's cure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta