DR.J
DR.J, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

my dog, a tibetan terrier is showing signs of having a phantom

Customer Question

my dog, a tibetan terrier is showing signs of having a phantom pregnancy, her last heat was in May, do I need to do anything or should I just ignore it, I have been told that an injection is possible but it has risks what do you advise?
Category: Dog
Expert:  DR.J replied 4 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

How is she in herself ?

DR.J :

What needs to be done is the following

DR.J :

1. The vet need to examine her to determine if this is indeed a phantom pregnancy. There could be other conditions which would look as if she is having a phantom pregnancy and they need to be ruled out .

DR.J :

once it is diagnosed , then you can go ahead with injections in order to resolve it or even an oral solution called Galastop .

DR.J :

There is always a risk of not feeling well , that comes with use of every drug but it is not for sure that Teal will indeed suffer any side effects . I found most of the dogs which had these hormone based drugs to have no reaction and the end result is a good one in stopping their symptoms and getting back to normal cycle rhythm.

DR.J :

I hope this helps , If you wish to discuss the matter more I will be more then happy to help.

DR.J :

Cheers

DR.J :

Dr.J