Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

Hi, my 9 month old poodle pup has just taken 2 tablets off

Customer Question

Hi, my 9 month old poodle pup has just taken 2 tablets off my table that I was going to take myself.
I had one tablet of 25mg of Pregabalin and another of 100mg, so 125mg altogether in two separate tablets. I found the case of the 25mg and a little bit of the powder, but I can't find the 100mg one anywhere, so im presuming that she's taken it. Is this going to cause any problems with her, or will it just make her drowsy?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 4 years ago.

Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Drew :

I do not expect that there will be any serious effects from Pregabalin,

Drew :

other than drowsiness / lethargy as you've described.

Drew :

now, it is an option to induce vomiting if the pills were just eaten,

Drew :

3% hydrogen peroxide can be used, at a dose of 1mL per pound of body weight

Drew :

(2mL per kilogram)

Drew :

it can be mixed with a little bit of milk or melted ice cream, in order to mask the taste of the peroxide.

Drew :

If you choose to not induce vomiting, signs of this drug's action occur within about 3 hours,

Drew :

and may persist for 12 to 36 hours.

JACUSTOMER-bgbiy3ow- :

I haven't got any hydrogen peroxide, so what do I do if not

Drew :

If not, then close observation is needed, with veterinary care if you see anything other than drowsiness or lethargy.

Drew :

or seek veterinary care now so that they can induce vomiting.

Drew :

it's up to you -- there's no wrong answer, really.

JACUSTOMER-bgbiy3ow- :

whats another name for hydrogen peroxide, is it salt

Drew :

no, it has no other name.

JACUSTOMER-bgbiy3ow- :

where can I get it this time of night then

Drew :

no idea... local pharmacy / chemist nearby?

JACUSTOMER-bgbiy3ow- :

all closed at 9.50pm

Drew :

well, then it sounds like you either need to monitor her closely or seek veterinary care if you are worried.

Drew :

Poor service?

Drew :

May I ask how my service was poor, what I could have done better?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.