Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 5 month lab puppie has consistent loose stool.

Customer Question

My 5 month lab puppie has consistent loose stool. It is solid first thing in the morning but then loose for the rest of the day. We have tried various foods over the last few months but nothing seems to agree with her. She doesn't appear unwell and she is wormed up to date. She eats well and does appear to drink quite a lot.

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question, I am sorry to learn Roxy is having problems with her bowel movments. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she losing or not gaining weight?
2- Any vomiting?
3- Is she lethargic?
4- How long has this been going on?
5- What is the name of the dewormer used?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.