DR.J
DR.J, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

Hi, my dog is a Bichon Frise and 11 years old, he is slightly

Customer Question

Hi, my dog is a Bichon Frise and 11 years old, he is slightly blind and partially deaf, all his life he has been happy to sleep in our kitchen, but just recently he has been waking up in the night and scratching on the door, I have tried having him sleep in the living room but he keeps coming up the stairs and pacing about, so I have since put him back in the kitchen and put out with the scratching, now the last few days he is opening the kitchen cupboards so I am greeted with pots and pans, tins of food over my floor, I have now run out of ideas, its getting to the stage where I dont want to come down in the morning. Some people have mentioned a grate, I have never used one and wondered if this would be a good idea during the night.
Category: Dog
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

It would seem that your dog might be suffering from some anxiety .

DR.J :

during the day , does he follow you closely and sleeps close by where you are ?

DR.J :

How are his urine and feces (does is drink a lot or urinate more then normal) ?