Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Veterinarian
Experience:  23 years small animal general and emergency practice
15552883

my dog just swalled a deflated baloon

Customer Question

my dog just swalled a deflated baloon
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Dave replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for writing in.
This may or may not cause a problem in your dog. There is a chance it may get stuck in the intestines. I would try inducing vomiting by giving 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 20 pounds of body weight. Give this in the back of the mouth. If there is no vomiting in 10 minutes, you can repeat the dose of peroxide. If your dog doesn't vomit up the balloon, keep a close eye over the next 2-4 days for vomiting, diarrhea, straining to pass stool, not eating, or lethargy. If you notice any of these abnormal symptoms, get your dog examined right away. If you don't see any of these abnormal symptoms over the next few days, your dog will likely be fine.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Dave