Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

What happens if my dog hit his head off something solid but

Customer Question

What happens if my dog hit his head off something solid but seems ok after but has never bitten me since
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome. My name is Scott and I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

How long ago did the incident occur when he hit his head?

JACUSTOMER-qzk8dpop- : A few years ago
JACUSTOMER-qzk8dpop- : A few years ago but he seems done
JACUSTOMER-qzk8dpop- : A few years ago
Scott Nimmo :

Thanks for that, and his behaviour has changed since the accident since he no longer bites as he used to? Have you noted any other behavioral changes or any new symptoms since the accident. { No matter how trivial }

JACUSTOMER-qzk8dpop- :

no hes still lively loves a walk doesnt bite when strokng his head

Scott Nimmo :

Hello again, thanks for that. If this happened a few years ago and he has been quite healthy and happy since then there is little cause for concern. I would very much doubt the fact he does not bite now is in any way related to this incident. While it is true that head trauma can cause personality change sometimes you would almost always have seen other more dramatic symptoms at the time of the trauma such as incoordination, lethargy, things of that nature. I would just forget the issue as it does not seem to be presenting any great problem , indeed it is an advantage that he does not bite and he is otherwise happy and healthy.

JACUSTOMER-qzk8dpop- :

so hes ok?

Scott Nimmo :

Hi, if it has been a couple of years and all you have seen is this change in behavior and he is otherwise happy and healthy then I would not worry, the chances are he is fine ..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok well thank you very much for your time

No problem Jay,

Very glad to have advised you ...

Regards,

Scott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

has my subscription been cancelled ?

Hello again Jay,

I am one of the veterinary surgeons whose role is to answer your questions but as such unfortunately I have no access to the administration side of the site such as subscriptions etc.

However I am very glad to pass your question on to the appropriate department.

Regards,

Scott