Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Hi there today I was walking my 2 year old Lhasa Apso when

Customer Question

Hi there today I was walking my 2 year old Lhasa Apso when he stood on a wooly bear. Now he keeps being sick and making a choking noise. Could he have been stung?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am not sure that the wooly bear was the culprit that has caused this reaction to Alfie but it is certainly an allergic reaction to something...the wooly bear or an insect bite or sting.

For now, give Alfie Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Watch him very closely for any swelling of the airways or difficulty breathing which would indicate an Anaphylactic Reaction and thsi could eb life threatening for Alfie...it would be best to take Alfie to your vet right away just to be safe...if he has this reaction, there are vets that can treat him immediatley.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta