Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc (DVM equivalent). Special interest in canine and feline medicine and surgery.
9138059

Hi my puppy has opened a tub of Olay anti wrinkle night cream

Customer Question

Hi my puppy has opened a tub of Olay anti wrinkle night cream he has taken some of it it contains ocean botanical extracts
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

Thank you for your question. My name is Dr Edwards and I am happy to be able to help you today. Before I put an answer together for you, I am going to need a little more info about

- When did Archie get in to this?
- How much do you think he may have ingested?
- How is your boy right now?

Once you get back to me, I will start typing up my response. Thanks for this and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Dr E
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi he seems fine it's been about two hours since he did this I have given him water and some dried food
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 years ago.
Hi again Susannah,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Although Olay makes quite a number of these types of products, a small ingestion by Archie isn't likely to lead to any symptoms. If he ingested enough of the product, it is possible he could develop some GI signs (vomiting and diarrhoea), but nothing more than this would be expected.

You are best to keep an eye on your boy for another hour or so if you can. Good on you for giving him some food after this, as this will help decrease the absoprtion of the product. If he does develop any vomiting or diarrhoea, then be sure to start him on a bland diet. Cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast and white rice is ideal for this and you could feed this for the next 24 - 48 hours. Make sure he has access to plenty of water as well.

I hope this gives you some peace of mind? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr Edwards

Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated

If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.