Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My brother rescued a pup we think she was about 8 month and

Customer Question

My brother rescued a pup we think she was about 8 month and think her breed is a patterdale , her owner be for my brother got her was beaten and tied up to a tree in the woods not sure where, my brother has another dog they both got on well but a lot of compation which they found hard and got worse so I have got her now but she dont like men but fine with my brother she has gone for a couple of our friends but managed to distract her she sits shaking for no reason but gets jealous if a baby or toddler comes into our family home she needs a lot of work and would like some advice where I can take her for training or someone can come to our house to obseve her we love her to bits but she needs calming down all need to be cheap as single parent , I do hope you can help in some way thank you Tammy.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. Thank you for rescuing a dog with behavioral issues... many people would just euthanize them without trying. These questions are nearly impossible to give advice for without seeing the dog and doing a series of behavioral tests to see how the dog responds to each test, so it would be best to see a behaviorist in your area and have them come to your house and meet Holly. Here is a site that should help you locate one:

http://www.apbc.org.uk/

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with Holly! Take care.