Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

my dog has suddenly want to sleep all day she has now lost

Customer Question

my dog has suddenly want to sleep all day she has now lost interst in walks and wont drink. she also licks her blanket she also has a hot dry nose and her ears are hot

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm really sorry to hear that Bess isn't feeling well, and she may very well have a fever. Does she have any other symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea? Are you able to take her temperature rectally?

Dr. Barbara :

You are listed as being off line. Her lethargy and weakness could be due to something serious that would require an emergency visit there. I know that it is night time there, but am hoping that you will be back online tonight. In the hopes of that, I have a couple more questions. What is the color of her gums, and when you push on them and they blanch, does the color return in 2 seconds or less? Is Bess breathing normally?