Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

has sores on her nose they are weeping have been to the vets

Customer Question

has sores on her nose they are weeping have been to the vets had two types of pill and one lot of cream has had for the last four weeks taken to the vet weekly look like it was getting better now back
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Sadie did not respond to the medicatoions, there are other conditions that can cause this especially in german shepherds. One is an autoimmune disease such as Lupus which can cause this or Collie Nose which is caused by a photosensitization. A biopsy is required to determine what is causing this so the correct treatment can be given to stop this process.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

This LINK will help also.

get a biopsy of Sadie's nose and this will tell your vet what treatment will cure this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have advised the same as our vet, we have to return this Friday and see what to do next re biopsy

Then your vet is a smart person, Kim...I am sure that they will find the cause for Sadie's distress and be able to relieve this for her...

Good Luck, Kim!