Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

just saw a smallblack growth on the top of my king charles

Customer Question

just saw a smallblack growth on the top of my king charles ear wondering what it could be and should i get it checked he is 10 years old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is common in older King Charles to develop benign skin growths and this one that appears black may be one of these. It is important, however, to have your vet examine this and possibly biopsy because this could also be a Mast Cell tumor or other cancerous growth that, if removed right away, will not cause Buddy any harm. If these are left untreated, they could develop cancer.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for answering my question,i will make an appointment straight away with my vet

Good for you, Ann...better to be safe with Buddy.

I hope you and Buddy have a wonderful day!!