How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Deb Your Own Question
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 10268
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Deb is online now

hello. dog weighing approx. 17 llbs has eaten about 100g of

Customer Question

hello. dog weighing approx. 17 llbs has eaten about 100g of cadburys dairy milk . Will he be in danger. He seems fine
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and I'll do my best to help you today.

This amount of chocolate wouldn't be considered a toxic dose for your dog; luckily it was milk chocolate which is much less harmful than other kinds of chocolate. He could be in serious trouble if this were dark chocolate, for example.

Other than possible vomiting and/or diarrhea issues, he should be fine, I am happy to tell you.
If they are going to vomit, most dogs will do so fairly soon after ingestion of chocolate. Diarrhea might not be seen for 12-24 hours. If this should happen, then a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a day or so should do the trick; the stools should return to normal fairly quickly.

I hope this helps and eases your mind about this concern. Deb