Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Hi I just wondered if you could advise me. I have a bottle

Customer Question

I just wondered if you could advise me.
I have a bottle of Kentucky Liquid Joint Supplement for horses.

I wondered can i use this for my dogs?

Can you help me with the dosage. They recommend 15-30ml for a 500kg horse.

My dogs are 20kg each .

I would appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Mike
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Eli replied 3 years ago.

Dr Eli :

Hi, I am Dr. Eli, I am not familliar with the product. Can you give me the active ingredients and I will try to advise you.

JACUSTOMER-c3h0e0lc- :

ok dr give me a minute

JACUSTOMER-c3h0e0lc- :

water, dextrose, msm, glucosamine hci, chrondroitin sulphate, ascorbic acid(vit c), l-glutamine, xanthan gum, bromelain, avacado/soyas bean, hyaluronic acid, ammonium propionate (preservative)

Dr Eli :

Thank you for this information. I don't see anything that would be contraindicated in a dog. However it would be an off label use, since dog use is not on the label. I will give you the dose based on the glucosamine and chondroitin which is the main product to help joints. The average dose is 15 mg/kg. So that means a 20 kg dog would get 300 mg daily. Again, this would be an off label use however. I hope this information helps. Thank you, Dr. Eli

JACUSTOMER-c3h0e0lc- :

sorry you sill there?

Dr Eli :

yes, did you get my response

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike,

I too am a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to assist you since Dr. Eli opted out. . .hopefully you'll be able to read my posts!
I can see the ingredients you've listed in the supplement, but would you please tell me what the concentrations are for the Glucosamine, the Chondroitin, the Vitamin C, and the MSM? This should be given in mg/ml. The other ingredients will follow suit.
Thanks,
Dr. Barbara