Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I feed my Basset Hound pup of 8 weeks 3 small meals a day

Customer Question

I feed my Basset Hound pup of 8 weeks 3 small meals a day of dried puppy food. He had his last meal at 18.00 hrs. But he went to the bowl again 10 mins after to eat my other dog's food but It was to late to retrieve it from him! This was also dried food. Should I feed him tomorrow at the usual time of 06.00 or skip his first meal of the day. I'm afraid he'll get Bloat. Can you please advise.

SXXXXX XXXXX.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, though a bloat is often associated with over eating it does happen as frequent as most people believe especially in an 8 week old puppy. There is no need to skip his next meal, he will be fine; he is not going to have a bloat.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!