Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

my dog has been staying with relatives whilst I have been on

Customer Question

my dog has been staying with relatives whilst I have been on holiday. she has been poorly for the last three weeks and has undergone numerous tests and spent considerable time as an in patient. I have returned home with her and she requires a further blood test to monitor any improvement. it has been suggested that I return for the test to them and not my home vet as there equipment for testing the blood is calibrated differently to my home vets. Is this so? it will involve a considerable amount of traveling on my part and as my dog is still poorly distressing for her.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there! My name is Dr. Whitehead and I am sorry to hear about your girl. Depending on what they are testing for your vets equipment although calibrated differently should be able to still tell them exactly what they need to know. So there is nothing wrong with using your vets test. Just call them and make sure they are able to perform the test that she needs. But it happens all the time we see blood work from one hospital to another and although they may be calibrated differently the results still tell us the same thing. I would not do the long amount of travel for her if it stresses her out. I just do not see a reason to not use your vet. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!