Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

we have a ten week old puppy who walks funny,she has no pain.She

Customer Question

we have a ten week old puppy who walks funny,she has no pain.She jumps and runs ok but with a wobble.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are a couple things that can cause this wobble in a young puppy. One is that she may have a congenital defect in her bones or neurologic system that is causing this. If this is minor, they often grow out of this. This could also be due to an injury from when she was younger that is causing her bones to grow in an odd way. If this does not improve, your vet should examine Lucy and xray to be sure that she will not require procedures to help her later in life.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Maureen for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Lucy's condition.

Happy Holidays!