Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

concerned about my dog does not seem 100% slight redness in

Customer Question

concerned about my dog does not seem 100% slight redness in right eye. Is this any sign of poisoning? Possible rat poison although this was cleared up 4 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is there any swelling or discharge in the eye?
2- Did she get into rat poison? If so, what is the name of the poison?
3- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is a redening of the tear duct in the right hand eye I don't have rat posion name it is a red grain based product. It is not known if she did get into the posion. She just seems lethargic

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Is the red area within the eye itself or you are seeing a swelling that is red?