Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my 7 month old female lhasa apso pup yelped on Wednesday while

Customer Question

my 7 month old female lhasa apso pup yelped on Wednesday while out for a walk & started limping holding up her left back leg. She has put weight on it & is running & jumping about fine doesnt yelp or anything when I touch leg but she has been yelping now & again at leg
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The most likely cause for this pain is either a partial ruoptureof the Anteriotr Cruciate Ligament or a congenital luxation of the patela or knee cap. For these injuries, it is best to give Mollie aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs and keep her as immobile as possible so this can heal.

It would be good to have your vet examine Mollie to be sure she does not have this congenital subluxation of the patella since this could require surgery if it does not improve.

This LINK will give more information and this LINK.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta