Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Concern that my dog might have been drugged.

Customer Question

I'm really concerned that one of my dogs might have been drugged. They both seemed to see something out in the garden and went roaring out, coming back in about 15 mins later (unusual). Mia, who normally wants in first especially when it's cold, was lying on a sun bed and I had to really persuade her in. I had to carry her in to bed and since then, she's been really drowsy, her nose is dry and warm, her eyes look very dull and don't really look like they're focussing, and she seems totally out of it. She's just spent the last hour sprawled up against me, with her head on my chest - again unusual.

I don't want to be alarmist by contacting my vet as it's the middle of the night here, but should I be concerned? No vomiting or diarrhoea, although haven't been in the garden to look.
Category: Dog