Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My nearly 4 year old dog Was Spayed the other day due to

Customer Question

My nearly 4 year old dog
Was
Spayed the other day due to complications with whelping and is now not getting up and just not being responsive. I'm gathering she weed on the floor which was orange with brown on the floor

She's had to be separated from the puppies aswell
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Coco's situation....This procedure has been very hard for her and it may take her some time to get over this. If this was due to difficulty whelping, there may have been nerve damage that is causing her to not want to get up or she is just not strong enough. The hardest part of this is the supportive care that Coco will require. This includes fluid therapy using Pedialyte at 3-6 ounces every 4-6 hrs and Nutrical given every 4-6 hrs. As she heals, you will do physical therapy to hopefully release the damaged nerve supply so that function returns and she wil eventually get up on her own.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta