Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Our Labrador is on Loxicom as she is going to have cruciate

Customer Question

Our Labrador is on Loxicom as she is going to have cruciate ligament surgery on Monday. She gets her 25ml dose with her evening feed at 6pm but my partner has accidentally given her it with her morning feed I.e 13 hours after previous dose. As it's only a once a day dose is this dangerous for my dog?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

A one-time dose given 12-13 hours apart is probably going to be tolerated fine by Tasha. However, please do not redose for 24 hours. This drug is calibrated to be given only once daily. In the meantime monitor for vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite, although I do not expect you to see these signs.

Dr. Joey :

Should you observe these signs then please phone your veterinarian ASAP to consult. Also mention to your veterinarian on Monday when she goes in for her surgery that this happened, although I do not think your vet will be concerned so long as you returned to an every 24 hours dosaging for her.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

You appear to be unavailable for a live chat or we are having a difficult time connecting. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialog in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.
I am just following up from our conversation the other day. How is Tasha doing? Is there anything else that I can help with?

Cheers,
Dr. Joey