Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

How do I find find a vet that will do a home visit (today)

Customer Question

How do I find find a vet that will do a home visit (today) to examine our 10 year old bitch .

We visited an emergency vet on christmas day. She is getting more lethargic -  tiring after a 20 to 30 minute walk. Bear in mind that she was very fit for her age. The decline has been gradual over months, which initially I put down to her age.

The vet that examined her could find nothing specific and supplied Metacam.

I want a home visit because she becomes very stressed at the vets.

Please respond ASAP

Please find attached report

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Bess is not feeling well. If the Metacam is not helping Bess, then you will need to find a mobile vet in your area. I Googled Mobile vets in the UK and there are many. I am not familiar with your area so you will have to do this yourself to find one that will help you. You should also call the clinic that you took Bess to since many will go above and beyond to help their patients by making house calls....I say this because I often did this in my practice.

I hope Bess feels better soon!

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta