Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

my 10 mth old pointer bit into a pressurized spray can ,the

Customer Question

my 10 mth old pointer bit into a pressurized spray can ,the asthma / heart type, i think, about an hour ago in the park.now it seems his heart rate is racing, should i be worried
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello Tony, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about Jim hasn't been answered. I'm sorry that you've had to wait for a response but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Does his heart still appear to be elevated?
2. Can you count the number of beats in one minute?
3. Any other signs such as lethargy or just the opposite --excitability?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb