Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

We have a puppy 11 weeks old who is walking on his left leg

Customer Question

We have a puppy 11 weeks old who is walking on his left leg awkwardly. It appears to be bent at an odd angle as if he is walking on the knuckle. He is not in pain and has been checked by a vet for breaks/sprains. He is active but is walking with a more defined splay of his leg. My husband has researched diet influence on development. We have tried him changed his initial 'bakers' diet to a good quality dog food - royal canine (not keen) so are now trying him on arden grange- could this be a factor?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello Melanie, I'm Dr. Deb:
I recently came online and see that your question about Bruce hasn't been answered. I'm sorry that you've had to wait for a response but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Do you think you could send me a picture of Bruce's leg?
2. If it affects his front leg, does it look something similar to
the following picture?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb