Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Hi We noticed this afternoon that our 17 month old Doberman

Customer Question

We noticed this afternoon that our 17 month old Doberman was unusually quiet. Sleeping, not barking at the back door to get out and not eating his breakfast. He ate a little amount about 5 hours ago but has been sleeping all afternoon and not drinking. This is completely out of character as he is usually really alert and barking at anything that moves or a noise he hears in the back garden. He's generally, lively, playful and on the go. Always playing with our other dog, daschund. I am worried about him as he has not had anything to drink all day and is reluctant to accept a syringe of water. I have managed to get a couple of small syringe full of water in his mouth but he won't accept any more. He didn't want his dinner this evening and only accepted a small handful of chicken reluctantly and then went back to sleep.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome, my name is Scott and I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

Can you confirm that all his vaccines are up to date { I am sure they will be } ?