Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog could have Crohns disease, what can I do about it as

Customer Question

My dog could have Crohns disease, what can I do about it as I know there is no cure she is 8 yrs old, an ex breeding dog rescued from a puppy farm
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello Susan, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about Jilly hasn't been answered. I'm sorry that you've had to wait for a response but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Can you be more specific about her symptoms? I assume they involve the gastrointestinal system but is she vomiting or does she have diarrhea (or both)? Are the symptoms chronic or intermittent?
2. How long has she had the problem?
3. Any additional treatments in addition to those you mentioned?
4. Have any diagnostic tests been done?
5. What do you feed her?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb